Aruba Fishing –
How to Do it Right?
The perfect fishing trips need to be planned. Despite what anyone may tell you, they don’t just happen. There are plenty of things that can go wrong. There are also plenty of steps that you can take to make sure that they don’t.
- Be in the know about the Aruba local weather.
- Understand the types of fishing that are used in the local region.
- Make an informed decision based on extensive research.
Or you can just get in touch with Living Easy Sport Fishing Charters Aruba. We will tell you everything there is to know about Aruba Fishing Trips. For starters, here is an Aruba fishing report of all the essential information. Check it out!
Fishes to Catch in
the Waters of Aruba
When you go Aruba Fishing, there is always a lot of fish to catch. Always!
The fish in Aruba are aplenty. There are much amazing Atlantic game fish in these waters including Albacore (Tuna), Atlantic Bonito, Atlantic Sailfish, Blue Marlin, Bull Shark, Great Barracuda, King Mackerel (Kingfish), Mahi Mahi (Dolphin), Rainbow Runner, Wahoo, White Marlin, and Yellowfin Tuna. They are all available throughout the year in these deep seas, but their population keeps changing. Read more about Aruba Fish Species.
Let’s say if you come visiting Aruba in April, you will be able to catch all these fish with our Aruba Fishing Charters. However, there is a higher probability that you will catch Mahi Mahi (Dolphin), Wahoo, and Yellowfin Tuna than any other fish. These are present in large numbers during April. Please visit Aruba Fishing Seasons to know more.
Aruba is Evergreen
The fish may love the Aruba waters, but will you like the weather throughout the year?
Weather on the island is always pleasant. You can check the weather in Aruba now or before you plan a trip. There are no surprises. Here is a general Aruba weather report to give you a fair idea about the island.
- The hottest month in Aruba is May. This month records a maximum temperature of 83°F or 29°C That’s it! Summers are the favorite season for the tourists to visit Aruba.
- October is the coldest month in Aruba. The temperatures drop to 80°F or 27°C.
- Given the humid conditions in Aruba, it receives its usual amount of rain. The month that is a favorite among the Rain Gods is November. In this month, Aruba experiences rainfall of up to 90 mm.
The weather in Aruba is a treat. Here you have an island with good weather, plenty of fish, and amazing people around the year. It is always just perfect here, whether you want to laze around on the beach or catch some delicious deep sea fish. Check the fishing reports for the period you are visiting to be better prepared.
There are many types of fishing that fishing enthusiasts can use. They can go fly fishing, sport fishing, light tackle, deep sea fishing, bottom fishing, trolling, and more. The most common Aruba fishing techniques are sport fishing, trolling, and deep sea fishing.
- Sport Fishing: Fishing is a skill and sport fishing is where it is tested. Sport fishing is fishing for recreation and not for commercial purposes or for survival. In sport fishing, you use heavier lines and thicker rods. The boat moves at a relatively slow speed. Sport fishing makes fishing more dynamic and a lot more adventurous. Sport fishing is competitive by nature. So, you are always looking to catch more fish than your fellow fishing enthusiasts or perhaps the biggest fish of the day. You can also participate in an Aruba fishing tournament and test your fishing skills. Either way, it is all about being sporting and having loads of fun.
- Trolling: This is a specific type of fishing technique that requires you to be on a boat. You will be using rods, reels, and baits that are attached to a bait or a lure. The boat keeps moving at varying speeds and different depths to scour the waters for the fish you want to catch. This way, you can cover a lot of area on the sea. It is especially useful in catching fish that keep moving constantly.
- Deep Sea Fishing: The most popular and loved fishing in the Caribbean island of Aruba is deep sea fishing. It allows you to go on a deep sea adventure. You are catching fish that require more space to live and thrive. These are the fish that you cannot just throw a net and catch on the shore. These fish make you travel far into the heart of the sea. You can go deep sea fishing with the nets. However, many experts prefer strong lines for deep sea fishing that attract the fish with a lure or a bait.
In Aruba, you can find a lot of Atlantic game fish throughout the year. All of them are caught using one or more of these methods. Living Easy Sport Fishing Charters Aruba will ensure that you get to experience the best of Aruba fishing. Our expert crew has everything you need to fish in the Aruba waters. Check out our Four Hour, Six Hour and Eight Hour Fishing Trips.
Every adventure demands its share of tools, techniques, and skills. When it comes to Deep Sea Fishing in Aruba, here’s what you should be equipped with:
- Suitable Equipment for Deep Sea Fishing: The right boat designed for deep sea fishing is an absolute must. In addition, other tools like fishing rods, fishing lines, baits, reels, and so on must be specifically designed for deep sea fishing. This is one fishing trip that will require equipment that is very best in quality.
- The Right Company: Never go alone. Period. If you are traveling alone, then hire a guide who knows the waters, the ocean floor, and the locations of the schools of fish along the coasts of Aruba. If you have a company, then they should be physically fit to handle the challenges that the sea and its creatures throw at you. With us, you have an expert crew helping you throughout the trip.
- The Right Bait for Deep Sea Fishing: Every fish has its own diet, and your bait must be selected in consideration of that. The choice of bait must match the fish available during the season when you are going deep sea fishing.
- Health Essentials: Pack plenty of fresh water for the trip. Whatever your regular water intake, multiply it by 3 or 4 times and pack that much water. The sun, the heat, the humidity, and the physical exertion can dehydrate you fast. Also, sunscreen is essential to prevent any sunburns, especially if you have sensitive skin. Lastly, pack a first aid kit, along with all the medicines you need.
If you have decided to visit Aruba for your next holiday, then go through a detailed weather report for Aruba to pack right. Living Easy Sport Fishing Charters Aruba will take care of everything else.
Our Partners Help Create a
Wholesome Experience for You
We are a part of one of the most successful family business in Aruba. Through all our businesses, we strive to offer you an unmatched service experience. Our sister concerns in Aruba are:
The best Seafood Restaurant in Aruba is at your service when you go on a fishing trip with us. If you want, we can make reservations for you at the restaurant after you catch a fish. They will cook it for you in 5 different styles, complete with delicious side dishes. Check out www.driftwoodaruba.com
Driftwood Fishing Charters
Our sister concern fishing company, Driftwood Fishing Charters Aruba have lent us the experience they have earned over the years. They are one of the most known fishing charter companies on the island. To know more about them, visit their website www.driftwoodfishingcharters.com
Red Fish Seafood Restaurant
Another excellent Seafood Restaurant in Aruba that provides our guests with delectable and affordable dishes with an authentic local flavor. Open Tuesday – Sunday 11.30 AM – 10 PM at Orange Plaza Mall, Oranjestad, Aruba. Check out their delicious menu and make reservations at www.redfisharuba.com